Analog Devices, Inc. today introduced the industry’s most robust digital isolator series with the best combination of signal reliability, safety and performance. Based on ADI’s patented iCoupler® digital isolation technology, the new isolator devices ensure safe system performance for applications operating in noisy, harsh and unpredictable healthcare and industrial environments.
• View the new iCoupler digital isolators product page, download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: http://www.analog.com/en/products/interface-isolation/isolation/standard-digital-isolators.html
• Connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone®, an online technical support community: https://ez.analog.com/community/interface-isolation
Advances in healthcare technology are pushing design boundaries by requiring wired patient monitors to function continuously during defibrillation. These high-voltage transients put a great burden on designing a dependable, connected medical system. To protect data signals in this unpredictable environment, the new iCoupler digital isolators feature the highest in industry surge protection tested at 16 kVpk and withstand voltage ratings up to 5 kVrms. And unlike other digital isolators, ADI’s new, robust iCoupler digital isolators can replace bulky optocouplers in harsh medical environments with a more compact solution.
Precision robotic arms operate in unforgiving industrial factory floor environments. Modern high-speed communications used in factory automation must be isolated from electrical noise caused by arc welding and other equipment in order to avoid signal interference. ADI’s iCoupler digital isolators provide high noise immunity and surpass previous digital isolator options to ensure signal integrity. ADI’s isolation components provide outstanding performance and proven galvanic isolation with more than 1.4 billion channels shipped and growing. By combining high-speed CMOS and monolithic air core transformer technology and an on-off-keying (OOK) architecture, the new digital isolators offer the highest available noise immunity, lowest EMI and highest surge capability for broad market appeal. Multiple products are in production today with versions in different packages and channel counts forthcoming.
Robust iCoupler Digital Isolator Key Features:
• Safest: 16 kVpk basic and 10-kV reinforced surge protection ratings,
• 5 KVrms withstand, 600 Vrms working voltage
• Fastest: 150 Mbps throughput, 13 ns max propagation delay, 100 kV/µs CMTI
• Widest supply range: 1.7 V to 5.5 V
• Versatile: 1 to 4 input channels, choice of default state, and input/output disable, pin compatible to prior generations