Linear Technology Corporation introduces the LTM8057 and LTM8058, 1.5W output μModule® (micromodule) DC/DC converters with 2kVAC galvanic isolation (production tested to 3kVDC) in a 9mm x 11.25mm x 4.92mm BGA (ball grid array) package. The LTM8057 and LTM8058 include an isolated transformer, control circuitry, power switches and a modest amount of input and output capacitance. These μModule converters are UL60950 recognized components under file #464570. Both devices operate from an input voltage range of 3.1V to 31V, delivering a regulated output voltage on the secondary side, adjustable from 2.5V to 12V (LTM8057) and 1.2V to 12V (LTM8058). The LTM8058 includes a low noise linear post regulator that reduces the output ripple to 20μVRMS at 300mA. Creepage and clearance distances support a working voltage up to 250V in a pollution degree 2 environment* for breaking ground loops in testers, servers, industrial automation, control and servo systems.
The LTM8057 maintains output voltage regulation accuracy of ±5% from -40°C to +125°C. The LTM8058’s linear post regulator improves output voltage regulation to ±2.5% over the same temperature range. Additionally, the post regulator delivers the advantage of a low output ripple noise, improving the performance of high accuracy mixed signal converters and precision operational amplifiers. High DC/DC conversion efficiency and diligent package design support full output power at ambient temperatures up to 110°C.
The LTM8057 and LTM8058 are available in three temperature grades, E and I from -40°C to +125°C and MP for the – 55°C to +125°C operating junction temperature range. All versions are available from stock. Pricing starts at $10.90 and $11.45 each for 1,000-piece quantities for the LTM8057 and LTM8058, respectively. For more information visit, www.linear.com/product/LTM8057 and www.linear.com/product/LTM8058.
* Pollution degree is a classification according to the amount of dry pollution and condensation present in the environment. This classification is important as it affects parameters required to ensure safe operation of the product. Pollution degree 2 refers to an environment where normally only non-conductive pollution or temporary condensation may occur such as offices, laboratories, test stations.
Summary of Features: LTM8057/LTM8058
● 2kVAC Isolation Rated (3kVDC tested)
● 1.5W Output Power
● Wide 3.1V to 31V Input Voltage Range
● Adjustable Output Voltage with ±5%
Accuracy Over Temperature (-40°C to 125°C)
❍ 2.5V to 12V (LTM8057)
❍ 1.2V to 12V (LTM8058)
● Low Noise LDO Output with 20μVRMS
Ripple at 300mA (LTM8058 only)
● Full Output Power up to 110°C Ambient
● 9mm x 11.25mm x 4.92mm BGA Package
Linear Technology Corporation