Airgain, Inc. announced the release of a toolkit of new embedded antennas solutions designed to provide enhanced performance and reduced time-to-market for Wi-Fi 6 wireless systems.
The new antennas leverage Airgain’s over-the-air (OTA) performance validation and optimization, and already substantial expertise in Wi-Fi 6 system integration. In combination, these new products form a comprehensive toolkit of Wi-Fi 6 solutions that help enable Airgain to deliver market-leading antenna integration and OEM design support for complex carrier gateways and access points.
Airgain’s Profile Embedded Antenna family now features four new designs targeting specific Wi-Fi 6 wireless system design challenges, designed to enable tailored performance characteristics to meet the needs of any Wi-Fi 6 implementation:
Profile Embedded X Series Antenna
- Improves inter-antenna isolation for higher modulation and MIMO operation
- Allows smaller device size
- Increased flexibility in choosing antenna locations
Profile Embedded Q Series Antenna
- Introduces Airgain’s new ‘Double Infinite Balun’ balanced antenna design
- Designed to meet the challenges of increasingly ‘noisy’ device enclosures
- Provides significant noise rejection improvement, improving overall RF system performance
Profile Embedded H Series Antenna
- Delivers polarization diversity with omnidirectionality in a tiny vertical form factor, providing numerous advantages for Wi-Fi embedded system design
- Increases isolation
- Provides a co-existence solution for IoT technologies to operate in-band in conjunction with Wi-Fi in the same device
Profile Embedded Q6 Series Antenna
- Provides immediate availability of embedded antennas supporting the proposed new ISM frequency bands proposed to be introduced by the FCC as early as 2019, with coverage for the new 6GHz (9-7.125MHz) spectrum in various configurations including dual band and support for existing 5.8GHz unlicensed band
- Featuring Airgain’s ‘Double Infinite Balun’ technology included in the Q Series antenna range
Airgain is determined to lead the market in terms of Wi-Fi 6 antenna system technology and integration expertise, having worked with the top chipset manufacturers on Wi-Fi 6 reference designs, as well as commercial Wi-Fi 6 gateways and clients with the leading OEMs.
“Wi-Fi 6 promises to deliver significant increases in performance. However, it also raises the bar in terms of RF system complexity, requiring tailored antenna solutions plus deep knowledge of the real-world challenges to get the best out of the technology,” said Callum Noon, Director, Product Management & Marketing at Airgain. “Our new Wi-Fi 6 antenna solutions have been born out of necessity to conquer the specific challenges of Wi-Fi 6 embedded device implementation for ultimate performance of custom designed devices.”
Airgain’s latest innovations, including the new Profile family of antennas for Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, will be on display during the 2019 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), held January 8th through 11th in Las Vegas, NV. Airgain will also be displaying the Antenna Plus product portfolio in the GetWireless booth #2409 in the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino.