Broadcom Limited has announced a new set of 8-channel 28Gbps repeater IC devices, the BCM82109 and BCM82181, designed for network backplane and front panel applications. The BCM82109 is an 8-channel unidirectional repeater device footprint-compatible to the Broadcom BCM82209 unidirectional retimer device. The BCM82181 is an 8-channel bidirectional repeater device footprint-compatible to the Broadcom BCM82381 bidirectional retimer device. The new devices are designed to address low power requirements while providing sufficient link performance to meet the IEEE 802.3 25/100GbE and 32GFC requirements for backplane, front panel and active copper applications.
- Power consumption < 100 mW per channel
- Compensates up to 16 dB of channel loss while providing additional Tx pre-emphasis
- Supports link training, auto negotiation and FEC pass-through
- No reference clock needed
- Dual supply: 1.0V and 2.5V/3.3V
- Dual control interface: MDC/MDIO and BSC
Broadcom will be showcasing the new devices in the Broadcom Booth 1264 at the Optical Fiber Communication (OFC) 2016 exhibition in Anaheim, California from March 22nd to 24th.