Teledyne e2v announces the expansion of its Emerald family of image sensors with a new 2 Megapixel sensor. Emerald 2M is a new CMOS image sensor designed for cost-sensitive applications that require full HD resolution images of objects in motion, without distortion. The sensor is optimized for machine vision applications and includes 5° Chief Ray Angle compensation. The Emerald 2M is offered in a high-performance CLGA package or miniaturized organic fan-out package that is only 1.19 mm thick.
Emerald 2M provides flexibility to R&D engineers with its global shutter and MIPI CSI-2 interface, which allow it to utilize the latest Image Signal Processors (ISP) available for mobile applications. Digital functionalities (multi region of interest, subsampling, auto exposure at first frame, single frame HDR and on-chip statistics) are also embedded in the sensor to reduce processor load and hasten time-to-market.
The Emerald family of small global shutter CMOS image sensors address a range of machine vision applications and this 2M device has the smallest footprint. Emerald image sensors are also available in resolutions of 8, 12, 16, and 67 Megapixels.
· Global shutter CMOS pixel (2.8μm x 2.8μm) optimized for a maximum 5° Chief Ray Angle
· 1/3” optical format
· MIPI CSI-2 interface, up to 100fps
· Package options: CLGA or fan-out organic package
· Color Filter Array options: monochrome or color Bayer
· On-chip functionalities: multi ROI, subsampling, single frame exposure, single frame HDR