Renesas Electronics introduced its latest radiation-hardened devices – the ISL70591SEH and ISL70592SEH precision current sources, designed to deliver ultra-high performance, small footprint, and ease of use required in the most demanding environments, including telemetry, tracking & command, attitude & orbital control, and electrical power subsystem applications.
The new devices are Renesas’ first current source ICs in its line of space products, featuring:
- Radiation hardness wafer-by-wafer assurance:
- High Dose Rate (HDR) (50-300rad(Si)/s):100krad(Si)
- Low Dose Rate (LDR) (0.01rad(Si)/s): 75krad(Si)
- Small footprint, replacing the discrete solutions that typically need 3-5 components
- High reliability, leveraging small package size to place the excitation source closer to the sensor
- Ultra-low noise for higher accuracy over temperature and radiation, reducing system errors
- High output impedance, rejecting voltage variations on the supply line, and allowing designers to parallel multiple current sources if they need higher current
The ISL70591SEH and ISL70592SEH can be combined with the following Renesas space parts to form an analog signal chain that includes power management and communications devices: ISL71590SEH temperature sensor, ISL71840SEH 16-channel multiplexer, ISL70517SEH instrumentation amplifier, ISL71090SEH25 low-noise voltage reference, ISL70001ASEH 6A synchronous buck regulator, and ISL72026SEH 3.3V CAN transceiver.
The ISL70591SEH and ISL70592SEH radiation-hardened precision current sources are available now. For more details, please see the full release below and here.